A good place to start is with the phone. Give sources a ring to learn more about a topic and to get information on people you can interview. We've compiled a list of contacts from the campus that might occasionally need updating. But check it out here under the link below:
If you're having a challenging time coming up with ideas, then click here to learn more about Generating Story Ideas.
Click below to view research tips at
Accessing the Invisible Web
There is a vast majority of information available online that search engines and directories don't have direct access to, like databases. In fact, Bright Planet estimates that the "invisible" or Deep Web is 500 times bigger than the searchable surface of the Web.
- Direct Search (provides search listings on all kinds of information): directsearch.net/
- Resource Discovery Network (an Internet hub for learning, teaching and research): http://www.intute.ac.uk/
- Infomine (literally, information about mining): http://infomine.ucr.edu/
- Portico (list of links for finding backgrounds for people, businesses, etc.): http://indorgs.virginia.edu/portico/home.html
CU and the Invisible Web
Some other useful sites
- Recovery.gov; recovery.org
- GovTrack.us (tracking the U.S. Congress)
Weather and Traffic