The following rubric identifies characteristics that we consider to be the most significant not just to us, but to professionals. Read carefully. Points are awarded based on which category your work falls under. If you find yourself achieving less than what you desire, then make the opportunity to see us and we can discuss.
Letter Grade Breakdown:
A- to A
B- to B+
C- to C+
D to F
7-7.9 Partially Proficient
* Needs to know the
* Timid about making quick decisions. Loses control when the heat is on.
* Needs to be more aware of keeping the show on time
* Needs work on dealing with personalities.
* Knowledge of the day's news needs improvement
* Awareness of news' relevancy to audience needs work
* Could work on better sense of news judgement.
* Needs to work better on holding people to deadlines and delegating tasks.
* Late to work
Proficient Range (7-8.9)
* Gets the show out on time.
* Is not always calm when the heat is on, but is learning. Makes good decisions, but is not confident about them.
* Does not totally understand every story, but knows the headlines.
* Makes timing mistakes
* Does better at delegating tasks and multitasking.
* Shows good working knowledge of Inception.
* Always in charge. Makes quick decisions without hesitation. Calm when the heat is on.
* Understands the personalities of the entire newsroom. Knows how to get the best out of each personality.
* Knows every story in the show, where it belongs, who is assigned to it.
* Keeps the show on time. Knows when to drop a story when the show is heavy. Knows when to add pad when the show is light.
* Dress is clean, casual...and best of all, no one cares if you don't wear make-up.