Boulder Police Department
Public Information Officer
City of Boulder
Bronson Hilliard, Director of Media Relations
Boulder Valley Schools
Boulder Valley Schools Media Access Policy
- Reporters and photographers generally can have access to schools, but you need to call the school district communications office first. They will set it up.
- When you get to the school, check in at the front desk.
- Schools will generally grant access if the presence of cameras and/or reporters does not disrupt instruction.
- The school district sends out forms to parents, so they can designate if they do not want their children photographed, videotaped or interviewed. Be sure to ask if any students have such restriction in the classroom or area you want to visit.
- Special education students have special protections. You must obtain permission from parents to photograph/videotape students with special needs.