To actually start creating the story, you need to open the Story Editor panel. This panel can be opened from other specific panels, including the Running Order and Story Browser.
Below - the Story Editor panel
- With the rundown open, click on Create a Story > Broadcast - the new line gets added to the rundown
- Click the Slug line and then the spacebar to enter a name in the Slug field
- Double click the slug line to open the Story Editor. You can now start adding content to the story.
Opening the Story Editor from the Story Browser Panel
- In the main toolbar for Inception, click on the Story Browser icon located in the Contents panel. A list of stories appears.
- Click on Create a Story and Inception will add the story to the Story Browser panel.
- Edit the story content by double-clicking the story to open the Story Editor
Opening the Story Editor from the Assignment Editor Panel
- In the main toolbar for Inception, click on the Assignment Manager icon located in the Tasks panel. The panel displays assignments as either a table or a calendar view. Each row represents a different assignment.
- Make sure to use Grid view (by default the Assignment Manager opens in Grid view).
- In the Assignment Manager toolbar, click the Stories tab located to the right. The Stories tab opens.
- Then click on Create Story > Broadcast to expand the list. Inception adds the new story to the list.
- Enter a new Slug
- Double-click the story to open the Story Editor panel and start adding content.
Adding stories to the rundown
You can add stories to the rundown directly from the Story Editor. Do the following:
- Make sure the rundown is open.
- Open the story you want in the Story Editor
- Place the mouse pointer on the Drag icon, click and hold.
- Drag the Drag icon to the rundown and position the story where you want it to go. Release.
Click on the Drag icon, hold and drag into the rundown where you want to position the story. Then release.