Exporting Video For Air
Before you export video, go through this checklist
- Is the audio mixed and panned properly?
- Do you have padding - 2 seconds before the first audio and at least 10 seconds after the last audio?
- Did you make a slate that shows the slug, TRT and broadcast date?
- Did your instructors get a final look? If the video is not approved for broadcast then it will not air.
The video can be exported only after it's been approved.
Step 1: Make sure the Timeline is selected and then open the Export window:
Step 2: Under Export Settings:
- Uncheck the box (if it is checked) that says ‘Match Sequence Settings’
- Under ‘Format’ choose ‘MPEG2’
- Under ‘Preset’ choose ‘Sports Mag & Newsteam Preset’
The rest of the settings should automatically complete themselves, however if you run into an issue, such as not seeing the preset you can import it from the Newsteam shared drive; ask Paul or Greg for details.
Step 3: Output Name & Location:
Under Export Settings, you'll find a blue font that indicates the file name to be exported: In the illustration below, the file name reads ‘Sequence 01.mpg.’ Click this name and you’ll be prompted with a ‘Save As’ window. Make sure to save the file to your project folder. Save it under the follow name template:
BROADCAST DATE (year, month, day)_SLUG
For example, 20160218_GEORGIATORNADO
Click save and then click Export.
Step 4: Confirm the video exported correctly by playing it through. Notify your instructor that it's now ready to be loaded into the server.
To ensure quality control only your instructors will be allowed to load video into the server.